Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday, Spring, and Capital Q

A nice sunny day ... so off we went for lunch at the Capital Q. The BBQ was great, as it typically is. There was a different guy behind the counter, and he was much more efficient than the last guy we had a couple weeks ago. We ate outside on the picnic table, very nice indeed!

I asked directly about layoffs ... and I was told that there would be NO layoffs at Central Office, and not to worry. Most feel that it's a political move by the governor to try and back the unions into some concessions, but who knows? Everything about the NYS budget is so secretive, all done beyond closed doors and then suddenly there will be this budget before the legislature.

Wii Fit ... I have to admit that it's addictive. I've skipped it on some weekends and I've actually felt guilty about doing that! Usually I've skipped it because we've been doing something else during the day as a substitute. And that tune from the step program, it just sticks in your head.

Facebook. I've been able to connect with several people from high school days, and that's kinda wild. And wow, have some people changed. Some people I don't really know, although they seem to know who I am ... I was in a pretty small circle of friends in high school, and some of these folks were the "popular" ones, ones who wouldn't have given me the time of day back then. Again, go figure. And there are a few who seem to be pretty computer challenged, and that surprises me. Next year will actually be the 40th anniversary of high school graduation, and that seems so far away, so long ago, and not all that memorable either.

Tomorrow we might go hiking. Maybe up near Lake George. I think there will still be snow on some of the trails, especially on the shaded, northern sides of the mountains. We shall see. Sunday is supposedly a rainy day, so maybe it's movie time again.

The volcano is still erupting in Alaska ... this time ash is falling on the Kenai instead of being blown further north and west.

that's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment