Friday, February 20, 2009

at work ...


and it 'sounds' like everyone else here is just about done for the day. Not that there's all that many people here today ... a number of people are sick, and an equal number have taken much of the week off (it's President's Week for those with kids at home). Someone commented earlier that they were having a tough time staying awake and focused today ... I don't have any trouble staying awake, but staying focused is another story! I've found it best to break up my day by getting up and walking up and down the stairs (5 flights) ... I've been doing the stairs eight times a day this month ... I'm thinking of stretching that to 9 times a day next month, but maybe it'll be nice enough outside where I can take a short walk during lunch. Anyhow, I finished my 'project', so that's out of the way.
I'd like to go snowshoeing this weekend but I don't think I'll be able to fit it in ... going to see "Happy Days" on Sunday afternoon, so that day is out. Saturday ... well, we'll probably end up going to a memorial service for our friend's father (in the afternoon) ... not one of our favorite things to do but A&G have come to both of J's parents' memorial services in past year. Not that the snow is going anywhere soon ...
Speaking of the snow ... it was snowing and blowing when I left the house this morning but by the time I reached the Rotterdam exit of the t-way the road was bare and the snow wasn't flying around at all. In fact there isn't much in the way of snow in Albany at all! Almost a different world.
Found a couple more blogs to follow (Alaskan blogs) ... more searching to do in the days ahead. Gotta find some hiking and writing blogs out there ...
That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment